Saturday, September 8, 2007

Bigger by the second...

So I think I've actually become aware of the moments when I'm "growing". I can almost feel my stomach expanding...and then the next day, someone will say "wow...you've gotten bigger since yesturday!" It's quite validating actually.
I'm exclusivly in Maternity garb now, though t-shirts still fit, they make me look fat not pregnant..unless they're fitted.
I feel little kicks now, but nothing that I can say "Oh, feel over here and the baby will kick". It's more just little jabs and flutters at me from the inside.
I started a Prenatal Yoga class on Wednesday, and I'm looking forward to that every week. Rob and I start our Bradley labor class soon too, so It's full speed ahead on the whole "baby" thing.
I actually got Rob to go to Babys'RUs with me today to pick out some of the more important baby things we need. He hates shopping, so it was a feet to be there for over an hour scanning things and deciding on colors and such. He then "tested" out a comfy chair for me...for 30 minutes.
I was happy to run around and look at little baby things.
It's amazing and kinda sad how the consumer end of the deal helps to make it so real. Looking at little hats and little blankets makes having a baby come to life...in case the video of our unborn child didn't do it! The consumerism is the part that I can partake in now I guess, so it's a feeling of control...or at least a feeling of inclusion. That's especially why I thought Rob had to go pick stuff out with me, even if he doesn't care about color co-ordination.
The men can't feel the baby kick them or making thier body change, reminding them of the upcoming responsibilities and events. Including them in all the planning of the material world and the birth itself is the best way to knock the reality of it into them.
Hearing the heartbeat is what got Rob started. Ever since that, he's been in "protection mode".
I can't shreik at a mesquito without him rushing to my side ready to kill my attacker or asist me in whatever perril has befallen me. (not sure if "befallen" is a word...but heck, this is my blog!)

Okay...i'm going to have some juice now.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Yay for The Protector! I love that title for Rob :-) Protecting his family, which happens to be my Neester and the lil Kidster on the way. and yes, befallen is a word. So is besmirched, but that'll come later, and you'll have bibs to prevent that.

Very cool that you're taking baby yoga class! I guess I'll have to look up what your Bradly labor is about though. That's so neat that you can tell when the growing happens... very in-tune.

As for the consumer thing, that totally makes sense... I got something already and waiting :-)
But it's organic ... loophole.

Hugs!